Go to the individual registration form for the Blue Sapphire Classic.
Go to the team registration form for the Blue Sapphire Classic.
For the Blue Sapphire Consent Form, click here.
1. All ENTRY forms must be submitted no later than March 6th, 2013 - NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Be sure to send your registration money and consent form to:
Penn State Blue Sapphire Classic:
C/o Kathy Bamat
101 Blue Band Building
University Park, PA 16802
Note: We MUST have signed consent prior to the start of the competition.
3. Please make checks payable to "Penn State Blue Sapphire Classic."
4. There will be a fee for all returned checks.
5. No refunds will be issued, only credits towards future competitions.
6. There is no door fee, but a $25 Facility Fee has been tacked onto all entries.
Please note, if you have more than one child, you only need to pay once. If you are entering as a team member only, the $25 fee still applies.
7. Saturday - Doors open at 5:30 pm, Contest begins at 6:30 PM (Teams / Rhythmics)
Music CD with NAME can be turned in to DJ Cory at the sound booth located on Mezzanine level
8. Sunday - Doors open at 7:15 am, Contest begins at 8:00 am (All individual events)
9. We will be following a set system, if you miss your event, you will be disqualified.
10. Contest Location: Rec Hall, University Park, PA 16802
Located along Atherton St. across from the golf course.
11. Event Parking: Nittany parking deck offers close and easily accessible parking for Rec Hall events as does RED A parking lot located off of Atherton St. below the golf course.
12. This is an NBTA Sanctioned competition and all NBTA Judge's decisions are final.
13. To view the NBTA rules, click here.
14. There is absolutely no videotaping - other than your own child.
15. Double-entering is NOT ALLOWED.
16. What is the Blue Sapphire Classic 3-part event?
Twirlers will compete in their best appearing (costumes only), x-strut (basic strut for novice), and solo.
Scores from the 3 separate events will be combined for an overall winner.
Scoring = 20% best appearing, 40% strut, 40% solo
This is an OPEN pageant - it does not qualify you for the national championship, but associated wins MUST be counted, according to NBTA Rules.
17. Penn State University/ Contest Officials are NOT responsible for loss of goods, injury, or accidents.
18. Isla & Magnolia will be on site to take photos of your favorite twirler! Be sure to email them to schedule a time on Saturday night or Sunday! (Walk-bys also welcome).
19. Host Hotels: The Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn and Suites (MENTION BSC!)
Sleep Inn (PA421) - 111 Village Dr., State College, PA, US, 16803
Phone: (814) 235-1020
Fax: (814) 235-1388
$69/night -- This hotel offers a hot complimentary breakfast and is less than half a mile from the competition.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION BSC
Comfort Suites (PA 276) - 132 Village Dr., State College, PA 16803
Phone: (814) 235-1900 Fax: (814) 234-5530
$79/night -- Map and Directions
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION BSC
20. Practice area is available!
21. All modeling will be done in Costume ONLY.
22. No parents or coaches will be permitted on the competition floor.
23. Want to be a vendor at our competition? Contact Kathy Bamat for details.
24. Questions? Contact PJ Maierhofer – P: 814-934-7575 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
25. Get excited!!!! I know we are! :)